My passion for natural health and healing flared more than 23 years ago with my first naturopathic class. In truth, years before that, I had been studying Western Herbalism by researching therapeutic and medicinal qualities of plants I found growing in my yard. I love all aspects of nature and wellness. Over the last 23 years, my journey has included naturopathic studies, massage & bodywork, acupuncture, and culminated with the completion of my Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in 2019. Along the way, I have walked as a mother, artist, teacher, entrepreneur, healing facilitator, and always, as a student of life. My spiritual practice includes Qi Gong, Tai Ji, yoga, meditation, and spiritual cultivation with elements from Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Christianity, Native American traditions, Shamanism, and various spiritual teachings of India.
It is my great joy and privilege to participate in the healing transformations of individuals and humanity as I assist people in achieving their health goals. I am thrilled to accompany folks along their path to wellness and I am honored to do this work. Drawing upon nearly 24 years of experience in Body Work & Healing Arts, I assess my patient and use whichever modalities best address their individual therapeutic needs.
I am Nationally Board Certified and Licensed in both Acupuncture and Massage Therapy. I practice Japanese Meridian Therapy style acupuncture and include using modalities such as cupping, gua sha, moxa, essential oils, body work and more. Please see below for a complete list.
My specialties include orthopedic pain management, gut health & digestive disorders, immune health, women’s health, pediatrics, addiction recovery, mental wellness & stress balance, and facial rejuvenation.
Education & Background
- Doctor of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Naturopathic Therapist & Educator
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- Graphic & Fine Artist
- April 2019 – Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM), Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- August 2018 – Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM), Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- June 2013 – Medical Acupuncture Practitioner, Blue Heron Academy
- June 2013 – Scandinavian Mobilization Therapist, Blue Heron Academy
- March 2003 – Clinical Medical Massage Therapist, Blue Heron Academy
- July 2000 – Naturopathic Therapist and Educator, Naturopathic Institute of Therapies and Education
- January 1998 – Associate Degree, General Education with emphasis in Arts, Lansing Community College
Treatment Modalities Include
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
- Cranio-Sacral & Myofascial Release
- Cupping, Acupressure, Moxa, Gua Sha, Warm Bamboo Sticks & Hot Stones
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine, Diet & Nutrition
- Massage, Reflexology & Meridian Therapy, Chi Nei Tsang, Tui Na
- Essential Oils, Flower Essences, & Gem Elixirs
- Vibrational Medicine: Energy Balancing, Crystal Healing & More
- Scandinavian Mobilization Therapy